Customers will be required to meet these conditions set forth below before any type of work commences. These guidelines may apply to some situations to our discretion that warrants the need for this. By providing any services, the customer consent to agree to these Terms of Conditions.
Note: The examples on the website are for general reference only. We maybe able to create a customized solution based on your needs. Ask us if we are able to meet your specific needs. All of our work outcome will be similar to our examples. Please ensure you are happy with our examples shown on our website first before we can provide any services.
Procedure in general:
- We reserve the right to ask customers to make a payment or down payment before work starts. Making a full payment also allows us to release high resolution work without delays and interruptions.
- After the photos are taken, the customer is presented with the draft photos to view. For product photography, the draft photos means the camera’s angle and the product’s positioning and composition pose. Only when these are agreed on, do we proceed onto photo editing into pure white background.
- Once the photo editing is completed, customers are presented again with the photo edited version of pure white background – with a watermark on top. At any stage, we will need the customer to provide feedback and cooperate with us into what corrections are needed. It is normal to have repeated revisions because most of the time, there is no way to “have it perfectly right the first time”. Therefore, we ask customers to cooperate and be patient.
- Once the customer is okay with this, an invoice is issued, and the customer makes a payment, and then we release the full resolution images to download or on DVD disc.
In short, this is the same as if a customer walks into a store, pays for merchandise at the checkout counter, then walks away with the product. The theory is the same here. The customer makes a payment before we release any photos.
Other points of notes:
- At any point during the process, we reserve the right to ask for a full payment or a down payment or a pro-rated payment. For example, this down payment is meant to cover the time of travel to the work site, or to act as a security deposit or to act as a pro-rated payment for the partial work performed so far. The pro-rated payment is also fair even if the customer becomes unsatisfied with the project, as time and effort was already devoted to the work. If a full payment is made before hand, it allows us to give customers the high resolution work without any delays.
- Should there be extra work, or extra time involved on top of the original agreed quote, we reserve the right to increase the cost based on the extra time involved. The customer will be notified in advanced.
- All samples before the invoice will have a watermark on top to prevent abuse and copyright infringement.
- We can accommodate in deferred payment if the customer is part of a large company that has their own accounting terms such as their NET 15, NET 30, etc. The customer only need to let us know the timeframe of their payment so that we know when to expect payment.
- For the safety of our staff, if your property have animals, please ensure that they are secured and leashed during our work duties on site for liability reasons.
- Regarding copyright, both the customer and ourselves will have full copyright to the images.
On product photography:
- Regarding product photography, there are 2 methods for product photography. We can accept product photography for photography by Canada Post mail (not by carrier). When the products are shipped, ensure to provide us the tracking number and place the products securely in good packaging. Once the photo project is finished, the product will return to the owner after payment is received. Alternatively, we can meet with the customer in person to pick up or deliver the products locally.
Customer Code of Conduct:
Although this situation is very rare in our many years of business, we still need to address this to the public, as a precautionary measure, and as well as to keep the bad statistics to the very, very bare minimum:
- We will not provide services to customers that are found to behave in a manner that is challenging, over-demanding, impatient, rude, angry and unprofessional. If a customer behaves in a negative manner and argues during the course of the work, the work will be terminated immediately and the customer will be asked to leave.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to individuals who are deemed unprofessional, who are not serious, or who we felt uncomfortable to work with.
- We will not perform services to individuals that intends to “undercut” our prices or “cheap us out”. This method of bargaining is disrespectful to us and to any companies that work hard to perform professional services.
- Examples of not being serious: Not serious in conducting proper business, asks to under-value the project with a large amount of work performed, not replying or answering to phone calls and messages, may not be a registered business, etc.
We are always vigilant for any fraud or scams that may happen. Usually the service provider (us) will ask for a down payment, not the person themselves.
Being in business for more than 10 years, our position in our business is honesty and cooperation with every customer we serve. Customers are expected to be understanding and cooperate in a professional manner during the entire process. Our goal is to compromise, to solve and to correct problems to the best of our abilities as we can. Please contact us if you require further information, questions or have concerns relating to this process.
By providing services in projects, customers will consent to agree to this document.
A print out of this document will be saved locally.